Berries Smoothie - Youth Elixir
Strawberries are an excellent source of vitamins C and K, dietary fiber, and flavonoids......Find out more
The human body has a "thermostat" in the hypothalamus in the brain. Every person has his or her own standard temperature setting, which is typically around 37⁰C, or 98.6⁰F. When this temperature rises, people are known to be experiencing a fever.Find out more
A holistic approach to childbirth focuses on providing the soon-to-be mother with the safest and most relaxing environment in which to quickly deliver her baby with a minimum of pain.Find out more
- Is Getting Eight Hours of Sleep a Myth? While many people worry about waking in the middle of the night preventing us from getting a full eight hours of sleep, recent studies show that a night containing eight hours of sleep may be unnatural.
- Neurologists Issue Warning Not to Use ADHD Drugs Simply for Studying In a new statement from the American Academy of Neurology, physicians warn about the medical and ethical implications of prescribing mood-altering and attention-boosting drugs to healthy children and teenagers. Researchers said the number of diagnoses and prescriptions have risen dramatically over the last two decades. The drugs in question are stimulants typically used to treat deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Infant Car Seats are Just for Cars Showing a link to decreased oxygen levels, a recent study concludes babies should never be allowed to sleep in car safety seats when the seat is not in a car.According to Dr. Christine McIntosh and her colleagues from Auckland University and the Cot Death Association, a child's time in such car safety seats should be kept to a minimum.
- New Studies Show 1 in 7 Women Are Affected by Postpartum Depression In the largest research study to date, figures show that as many as 1 in 7 women suffer from this condition. The study was published in the journal JAMA Psychiatry and found that among the women in the study (who were followed for a year after their delivery), approximately 22 percent were diagnosed with depression.
- Brain Power of Children is Sapped by Late Nights Recent research suggests that lax bedtime rules and late nights can blunt the minds of children. The findings on brain power and its correlation to sleep patterns comes from a UK study of more than 11,000 seven-year-olds.
- Is it safe to wear maternity bandage in pregnancy? Is it safe to wear maternity bandage in pregnancy? Join the Discussion