A nutritive is a substance that has a nutritional value.
Nutritives help to strengthen and enliven the whole body. These are herbs that may also add nutritional value to the diet, e.g. vitamins, minerals.
They nourish the body and are especially useful in building up health in debilitated states and during convalescence from an illness.
They are usually used when the acute stage of illness has passed.
They are often used as teas, decoctions and are safe for long term usage.
To date, fifty nutrients have been identified as essential for health. Through ability to obtain the optimal nutritional intake every single day the following can be achieved:
- Improve mental clarity, mood, and concentration;
- Increase IQ;
- Increase physical performance;
- Improve quality of sleep;
- Improve resistance to infections;
- Extend healthy lifespan.
- Bone, K. (2003). A clinical guide to blending liquid herbs. St. Louis, MO: Churchill Livingstone
- Holford, P.(2004). The optimum nutrition bible, Great Britain: Little Brown Group
- Porth, C. (2002). Pathophysiology: Concepts of altered health states. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins
Posted in NutritivesAsk a Question Or Join a Discussion